The purpose of this agreement is to lay down the rights, duties, and responsibilities between 'THE PLAZA' website and its users.
These Terms and Conditions aim to define the rights, duties and responsibilities regarding use of the Internet-related services (hereinafter referred to as "Services") provided by THE PLAZA website (hereinafter referred to as "Site") operated by Hanwha Hotel & Resorts.
2. Definition of terms
Terms used in this agreement are as follows.
1)The term 'site' means a virtual operating environment that has been set up to deal with information by using computers and other IT facilities in order to provide users with information about goods or services and benefits (hereinafter referred to as 'information' 2)"User" designates a member or non-member who accesses the site and receives services provided by the site in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. 3)"Membership" refers to an individual who has provided personal information to the site by registering as a member, and who can continue to use the services provided by the site. 4)"Non-member" denotes an individual who uses the services provided by the site without joining as a member. 5)"Post" designates any article, photograph, video, file or link (URL) of information form such as code, letter, voice, sound, image, and video published or registered by a member via a service provided by the company.
3. 1.The Site shall contain the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the name of the Company, the name of the Company’s CEO, addresses (including the address where the consumer's complaint can be handled), telephone number and e-mail address on the initial service screen (home page) of THE PLAZA’s website, so that users may easily know who the manager is. However, the contents of the agreement may be made available via a connected webpage. 2.The Site may amend these Terms and Conditions to the extent that it does not violate relevant laws, such as the Act on Regulation of Terms, Act on Promotion of Information Network Usage and Information Protection.
3.If the Site revises the Terms and Conditions, the date of application and the reasons for the revision shall be specified and posted on the initial screen of the site along with the current terms between seven and one days before the date of effectivity. However, if the contents of the agreement are changed in a manner disadvantageous to the user, the company shall notify the user with a grace period of at least 30 days. In such cases, the site shall clearly compare the content before and after the revision, rendering any revisions easy to understand. 4.If the Site revises the Terms, the revised Terms and Conditions will apply only to members joining after the effective date. However, if a member who has already subscribed to the website wishes to be subject to the amendment clause, he/she shall notify the site within the notice period of the amendment clause of Clause 3, whereupon the provisions of the revised Terms will apply to her/him. 5.Unless otherwise stipulated in these Terms and Conditions, their interpretation shall be governed by the Act on the Regulation of the Terms and Conditions, the Consumer Protection Directive and other related laws and practices established by the Fair Trade Commission
4. Provision and alteration of services1.The site shall perform the following tasks:
1) Providing information and notice of promotions regarding products or services
2) Customized services such as events and promotions for members, mailing service
3) Services that the company develops or is affiliated with or provided by other companies
4) Services provided through other sites
2.The Site may change the services or information in the preceding Paragraph if there is an unavoidable reason such as a change in the stock or technical specifications of the company's products or services. In such cases, notification of the contents of the current service or information shall be posted, specifying the changed contents and the date of delivery. 3.Users shall be compensated for damages caused by changes as described in Clause 2. However, this shall not be the case if the site can demonstrate intent or negligence on the part of the user. 4.Use of the service is available 24 hours a day, notwithstanding exceptional obstacles to the operation or technology of the site. However, this does not apply to dates and times determined by the need for periodical inspection.
5. Severance of service1.The site may temporarily suspend the provision of services in the event of maintenance, inspection, replacement or breakdown of information and communication equipment such as the system or server, loss of communication, or other force majeure. In such cases, the company will notify the user via the site’s initial service screen (home page). However, if it is not possible to give advance notice due to reasons (such as system administrator's intention, faultless disk failure, or failure of the server or system) beyond the control of the site, notification may be provided after the event. 2.The Company shall not indemnify the User for damages incurred by the User or a third party due to temporary interruption of the site or service as defined in Paragraph ①. 3.If service cannot be provided due to changes in items of business, abandonment of the business, or integration between business websites, the site shall notify the user of this in the manner specified in Article 3, Clause 3 and Article 8, If a consumer is harmed, he/she shall receive compensation based on reasonable conditions set by the site
6. Becoming a member1.The user shall submit membership information according to the registration form by the site and then signs up to agree to these terms and apply for membership. 2.The site shall register users who apply to join as members,
1) If 3 or more years have passed since the applicant has lost her or his previous membership status pursuant to Article 7, Clause 3 of this Agreement
2) If information is falsified missing
3) If it is judged that the registration of a member may significantly impede technical aspects of the site.
3.The site may authenticate or confirm information registered by members by means specified by the site. Members shall actively cooperate in the verification of the site. When members do not comply, the information they have registered may be deemed to be fraudulent. 4.A membership contract is established when notification of approval from the site reaches the member. 5.If a member changes any of the information registered at the time of membership registration, he/she shall correct the member information directly on the site within a short period of time, or provide notification of the change by e-mail or other means as specified by the site. 6.Members have the right to request the withdrawal of their consent by viewing, correcting, deleting or withdrawing personal information registered through the site or using the contact information of the person in charge of personal information management
7. Membership termination1.A member may request to leave the site at any time, whereupon the site shall process this request immediately. 2.In any of the following cases, the site may limit or suspend membership.
1) If a member registers false information at the time of application
2) If a member threatens to disrupt e-commerce in ways such as interfering with other people's use of the website or stealing the information
3) If a member uses the site to prohibit the law or this agreement, or to act against the public good
4) If a member wishes to use this service for profit or for fraudulent purposes
5) Any other related laws and regulations or these terms
3.If the site has restricted or suspended membership and the same activity is repeated more than once, or if the reason is not addressed within 30 days, the member may lose her/his membership altogether. 4.If a members loses the membership, the site shall cancel her/his membership registration. In such cases, the member shall be notified and given at least 30 days prior to the termination of the membership.
8. Provision of notifications to members 1.When providing a member with a notice regarding membership, the site may do so using the e-mail address registered by the member with the site in advance. 2.The site may replace individual notice with a post on the site bulletin board for more than one week in case of notice to many unspecified members. However, individual notice shall be provided regarding matters that have a material effect on members’ individual transactions.
9. Privacy1.The site collects the minimal personal information necessary to provide the service when collecting the user's personal information. The following items are required, and others are optional.
2) Date of Birth
4) E-mail address
5) Valid mobile phone number (for identity verification)
6) ID and password
2.When collecting and using personal information of the user, the site notifies the user of the purpose and receives the consent. 3.The Site may not use the collected personal information for purposes other than the purpose, and if the new purpose of use occurs or is provided to a third party, the Site will notify the user of the purpose of use and provision and receive consent. However, except in cases where there is a difference from the relevant laws and regulations. 4.If the Site is required to obtain the consent of the user pursuant to Paragraphs 2 and 3, the identity (affiliation, name and telephone number, other contact) of the person in charge of personal information management, (Such as the person who has been provided, the purpose of the provision, and the information to be provided) prescribed in Article 22, Paragraph 2 of the Act on the Promotion of Information and Communication Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc., You may withdraw this consent at any time. 5.The user may request the viewing and error correction of his / her personal information at any time, and the site is obliged to take necessary measures without delay. If the user requests correction of the error, the site will not use the personal information until the error is corrected. 6.In order to protect personal information, the Site shall at least limit the person handling personal information of the user, and shall protect the personal information of users including credit card, bank account, etc. from loss, theft, leakage, You are responsible for any damages incurred by you. 7.The third party who receives personal information from the site or from it will destroy the personal information in accordance with the "Personal Information Processing Policy" posted on the site's initial service screen (front). 8.The site does not set the consent section about the collection, use, and provision of personal information as pre-selected. In addition, the service that is limited when the user's refusal to consent to the collection, use, and provision of personal information is specifically specified, and services such as membership registration are refused because of the user's refusal to consent to the collection, use, Do not limit or decline the offer. 9.Details related to personal information shall be in accordance with the "Personal Information Processing Policy" posted on the site's initial service screen (front side).
10. Duties of the company 1.The site shall not engage in any act prohibited by laws or regulations, or against the public good, and shall endeavor to provide goods and services on an ongoing and stable basis as stipulated in these Terms and Conditions. 2.The site is obliged to have a security system to protect the user's personal information so that the user can use the Internet service safely. 3.The Site shall be liable to compensate the user for damages caused by the unlawful display and advertisement of Article 3 of the Act on the Fairness of Advertisements and Advertisements with respect to goods or services. 4.The Site shall not send any unwanted commercial e-mails for profit.
11. Duties regarding IDs and passwords1.Members are responsible for the management of their IDs and passwords, except cases defined in Article 9. 2.Members must not allow their IDs and passwords to be used by a third party. 3.If a member recognizes that her/his ID or password has been stolen or used by a third party, he/she shall notify the site immediately and shall follow the instructions issued by the site.
12. Duties of the customer
Users shall not engage in the following types of conduct.
1)Registration of false information when joining or amending membership details 2)Stealing the information of others 3)Altering information posted on the site 4)Sending or posting information (computer programs, etc.) other than the information specified by the site 5)Infringing upon intellectual property rights such as copyrights of sites and other third parties 6)Committing acts that damage the reputation of the site or other third parties or disrupt business 7)Disclosing or posting on the site information such as obscene or violent messages or images 8)Committing acts that violate other laws and these Terms and Conditions
13. Possession and usage restrictions of copyright1.Copyright and other intellectual property rights for the work created by the site belong to the site. 2.Users shall not use the information to which the site possesses the intellectual property rights belongs in the site for commercial purposes or supply such information to third parties by means such as copying, transmission, publication or distribution. 3.The site shall notify the user if and when it uses content to which the copyright belongs to the user, in accordance with the agreement.
14. Copyrights and management 1.The copyright to any content posted by members on the site belongs to the original copyright holder of said content. 2.If a member's post contains content that violates relevant laws and regulations such as the Promotion of Information and Communication Network Utilization and Information Protection Act and Copyright Act, the right holder may ask that the post be suspended or deleted, whereupon the site shall take measures in accordance with the relevant laws and regulations. 3.In the event that there is no reason to believe that the infringement is acceptable or the site is in violation of the policy and related laws, even if the right holder does not ask for it in accordance with the preceding paragraph, 4.The detailed procedures pursuant to this Article shall be subject to a Request for Abandonment of Posted Material as specified by the site within the scope of the Information Communication Network Promotion and Information Protection Act and Copyright Act. 5.Even if a member cancels her/his subscription, posts recorded in her/his account shall not be deleted.
15. Dispute resolution 1.The site operates a Voice of Customer (VOC) service in its Online Concierge menu in order to reflect legitimate opinions and complaints posed by users and to deal with damage. 2.The site shall handle complaints and comments submitted by users as a matter of priority. However, if prompt processing is not possible, the site shall promptly notify the user of the reason for this, and of the proposed complaint processing schedule.
16. Right of arbitration and applicable laws 1.Lawsuits related to disputes regarding electronic commerce between the site and the user shall be the exclusive jurisdiction of the district court having jurisdiction over the address of the user at the time of filing, However, if the address or residence of the user at the time of filing is not clear, or if the member in question is a foreign resident, he/she shall submit it to the competent court under the Civil Procedure Act of the Republic of Korea. 2.The laws of the Republic of Korea apply to electronic commerce lawsuits filed between the site and users.
(Date of implementation) This agreement shall come into effect on December 14, 2017.